On the Road to Recovery
Dear Prayer Warriors,
Today, Sunday May 6
Proverbs 18:10-11 (Amplified Bible) 10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
The righteous runs to it and is safe and set on high [far above evil].
11 The rich man’s wealth is his strong city,
And like a high wall [of protection] in his own imagination and conceit.
In short… Don is doing great. Stronger, healthier, great attitude and amputated leg healing beautifully.
We have not returned to Christmas Valley, as of yet. Don was transferred Thursday to St. Charles Medical Center Rehab. The Lord blessed us by reserving the only special room for couples in the medical center. It has all the comforts of home. We are thrilled to be together again. We anticipate he will be here for only a week. Don would love to hear from you by cell, message or in person. 541.788.9488. We have appreciated all prayers and ask you continue to pray for us.
Tuesday, May 8
Don will be evaluated as to whether he is ready for the prosthetic process. We will be able to house sit a home, as needed, here in Bend for the duration of the prosthetic process. It is a perfect situation for us and the homeowners. We of course cannot wait to return to our home in CV but will also need to make a number of trips to Bend.
Wednesday, May 30 Don is scheduled for laparoscopic gallbladder removal surgery in Bend.
FRIENDS AND BROTHERS IN CHRIST WHO NEED OUR PRAYERS…
- Tim Warkentin from Christmas Valley has abdominal cancer and has begun treatment. He is very weak. We ask that you pray for our dear friend and brother. We call on the name of the Lord in his behalf, that he will be infused with the strength power of Jesus Christ.
- Wally Curtis from Keizer OR has been a friend and brother in Christ of Don’s since boyhood. He too has been in the battle with cancer now for a while and is also experiencing great weakness. May our prayers for him give him a strength and hope beyond all human reason.
- Dwight Hires with NLM in Papalote right now is recuperating from a 4-wheeler turning upside down with him on it. He has a large hematoma on his leg. Hematomas take a long while to resolve. He is not comfortable, nor has it been easy on him not be running around full steam.
- Ramon Ross Rubio has been diagnosed with an arthritic condition in his knees. He also has many allergies and has had few options for pain relief and anti-inflammatory help. Please pray for a reliable doctor to help him with these issues.
- Calvin Landrus, Bend OR, a dear brother in Christ and co-worker years ago in Washington state. Calvin has been diagnosed with cancer as well and is being treated in Portland. Keep Calvin and his family and mission that serves and reaches out to climbers internationally.
OUR DEEPEST GRATITUDE AND THANKS… - Love and support from our personal family and supporting church families - For many hundreds of prayers that have gone out on our behalf - To our co-laborers and partners in Baja California, Baja Sur, and Oaxaca for their prayers and faithful calls and reporting to churches on our behalf.
God has blessed us and you, who have faithfully stood with us, to see these righteous men and women of God living by faith and testifying to the Good News of Gods grace. Don and I can say together with our brothers listed above…
In His Arms,
Ilene and Don
Currently in Bend, Oregon… and by the grace of God will be returning to Mexico to continue serving our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.